Clothes sell a lot on eBay. Here are a few reasons why.
- Easy to find: there is a wide range of pre-owned clothing from different sources.
- Easy to buy: the clothes are expensive and, in some cases, free.
- Easy to resell: there are so many people who need clothes.
- Easy to store: you will not need much room.
- Easy to ship: packaging is not labor-intensive, and clothes are not breakable.
- Easy profit: there are brands that sell for more than $100 (used).
- Consumable: clothing must be replaced every now and then.
- Customers buy multiples in most cases.
- Wide range of items to sell.
What brands should you focus on as a seller?
Study, a lot. You never stop learning on eBay. New trends are always coming up and some brands become more popular.
How to know what’s hot:
- Open an Instagram account and follow fashion leaders.
- Read fashion magazines to see what is advertised.
- Check the completed listings on eBay.
- Use Terapeak to identify popular categories and hot products.
As an eBay seller, you can always count on change. The best way to arm yourself is to be knowledgeable. The more knowledge you have, the more you will sell. Focus on how much your item can sell for, as opposed to whether it will sell. Any product will sell if it is priced at 99 cents. However, that will not make sense if you bought the item for $9. Before you buy to resell, look at the possible profit. Lucky for you, there are eBay calculators that can help you determine your profit. The profit you will make depends on how much you paid and what you will sell for. Anthropologie is a store with trendy, stylish and comfortable clothing. It is found in malls. It is expensive and although millennials love it, they can barely afford it. If you want to make money with this brand, know the labels of the sub-brands. Anthro items do not have “Anthropologie” on the label. Use the eBay mobile app to know if an item is an Anthro item. Alternatively, look for the RN#.
A few sub-brands include:
- Tracy Reese
- Girls from Savoy
- Free People
- Olivia Grace
- Field and Flower
- Isabella Bird
This is another popular brand. Some of its items have Marie Gray on the label. You can sell this brand for over $1,500. Best selling items include:
Eileen Fisher clothes are gorgeous and easy to wear. When selling this brand, focus on clothes that are comfortable. They should be versatile too. The retail price for this brand can be high, especially linen jackets. Ralph Laurel clothes come in different levels of price and quality. The cheapest is the Green Label and the most expensive is Black Label (for women). This brand is very expensive and valuable on eBay. The items may be hard to find but they are worth the trouble.