Monetary wealth is not what you need to be happy. You may not want to hear this but it is the truth. Anyone can access happiness.
Many people work towards financial freedom and get disappointed when they learn that it does not come with happiness.
You can be happy right this moment, regardless of the troubles in your life or your current financial situation.
Money and Happiness: The Truth
When you have financial freedom, your life becomes self-determined and not predetermined. You can no longer make excuses for having a less than ideal life. Your happiness becomes your responsibility.
People who work every day have a predetermined life. Most of their time is spent working. They spend the remaining time catching up with family and running errands. They barely have time to build a unique life destiny.
After you gain financial freedom, you suddenly have all the time in the world. Your days are not predetermined and you can do whatever you want. You cannot blame your unhappiness on anyone. This becomes a burden for many people.
When Reality Strikes…
Retiring young, having attained financial freedom is an unexplainable feeling. And it is even better when you have a significant other to share the experience with. But like many people, your happiness will be short lived.
You spend all your time working hard—thinking that all you need is financial freedom and then you will be personally free.
That is not how it works.
Even after financial freedom, you will still be the same person. Your personal issues will still be with you. The only difference is that you will have more time to see the truth. And this time, you won’t have work as a distraction.
You will realize that what you really needed was not financial freedom but personal freedom.
Some people may slip into mental issues while others will find themselves on a personal growth journey.
Daily Happiness Accountability
Your thoughts determine your happiness. If you want to be happy, have the right frame of mind. If you can’t come up with happiness thoughts off the top of your head, here are a few to get you started.
- Choose not to be unhappy.
- Let happiness be a direct choice; not dependent on anything.
- You don’t need favorable events to be happy.
- Don’t postpone happiness.
- Work from a happy place.
- Don’t limit your happiness.
- Misery, just like happiness, is an option.
Let Go of Judgments
- Have an accepting attitude.
- Don’t complain, shame or blame.
- Be compassionate toward others.
- Believe that everything is for the best.
- Don’t focus on other people’s businesses.
- Choose how you react to events.
- You are unhappy because you worry about the future or regret the past.
- Don’t take anything for granted.
- Live in your blessing.
- Appreciate every little miracle.
- Be thankful for what you have now.
- Begin your day with active gratitude.
Strong Social Connection
- Be authentic.
- Simplify yourself. Have one face.
Live with Contribution
- Make someone else’s day.
- Serve a bigger purpose.
- Give happiness to experience happiness.