Amazon is offering some big discounts for its Echo and Echo Dot devices today. As part of the company’s annual Prime Day, Amazon is cutting the Echo price by 50 percent, and the Echo Dot by 30 percent. Amazon’s Echo will be available for just $89.99 (£79.99 in the UK) at 6PM PT / 6PM BST / 9PM ET tonight, alongside the Echo Dot priced at $34.99 (£34.99), the lowest price it’s ever been.
Amazon’s Echo competition has been increasing recently, especially with Google’s launch of the Home and the upcoming Cortana-powered Harman Kardon speaker and Apple’s HomePod speaker. Amazon’s Echo Prime Day pricing is even cheaper than last year’s Prime Day or Black Friday. The aggressive pricing could hint that Amazon is ready to refresh its main Echo speaker this year.
Amazon is also previewing some other deals on its Kindle and Fire tablets, as well as TVs, headphones, and laptops. We’ve rounded up the best Prime Day deals below:
- Save 50 percent on Amazon Echo, $89.99
- Save $15 on Echo Dot, $34.99
- Save $30 on Kindle Paperwhite, $89.99
- Save $40 on Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, $89.99
- Fire 7 tablet for $29.99
- Save $75 on Echo Show and Arlo Security Camera bundle
- Save 30% on Echo Dot and TP-Link Smart Plug bundle
- Save $50 on August Smart Lock
- Save up to 50% on select video games, consoles and accessories
- Save up to 40% on PC gaming laptops, desktops and accessories
- 25 percent off select TCL smart TVs